Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#158860 - 12/18/09 07:43 PM Re: King of Kings - Legendary Grand Prix [Re: Heigle]
The Godfather

Can't make weight for what weight class? It's an Open Weight Grand Prix, and the only way to give smaller fighters a chance is w/ CW, that was more important than having an all HW King of Kings and squashing the small guys who dared enter.

#158862 - 12/18/09 07:43 PM Re: King of Kings - Legendary Grand Prix [Re: Hector]
Piranesi

S F L
Zhorah Kazakov was top 10, but gets credit for 17. Also, he never grabbed EFC gold, but if there's room in the forefathers bracket .. you know I'm down.

Zhorah Kazakov

Need the thumbs up, though.

Edited by Piranesi (12/18/09 07:44 PM)

#158863 - 12/18/09 07:44 PM Re: King of Kings - Legendary Grand Prix [Re: Heigle]
MKick

Originally Posted By: Heigle
How isn't there? Don't enter guys if they can't make weight, simple as that. Weight is a MAJOR part of this game so doing CW makes zero sense to me. It's like playing an all-time fantasy 86 Bears vs 93 Cowboys in a strictly offensive game. It's not right to take out part of what made them a great team.

I don't want to clog up the thread though, that's all I'll say.

If we were to just do it at HW, it almost guarantees that a HW would win. It leaves no opportunity for anything below HW to be crowned the champion. While weight does mean alot in the game, this is a chance to crown a cross divisional champion under a new system, and CW is the only way to provide that.

Your concerns are valid, we're just going in a different direction with this thing than what has been done in the past.

#158865 - 12/18/09 07:44 PM Re: King of Kings - Legendary Grand Prix [Re: Piranesi]
Hector

If he doesn't get in you can put that Kobi fighter who beat Magician.

TTT men are going to play for TTT.
SPEED KILLZ! FUCK GROUND! SOVIET!!!!!!!!
Best Selling MMArmy Author of "Speed Killz: The Philosophy behind Perfect 8pts"

#158869 - 12/18/09 07:48 PM Re: King of Kings - Legendary Grand Prix [Re: Hector]
Piranesi

S F L
Originally Posted By: Hector68
If he doesn't get in you can put that Kobi fighter who beat Magician.

I was thinking that, but he blows multiple cocks. Kazakov is my priority, fosho. Might not have gotten that gold, but you can't question his influence.

#158875 - 12/18/09 07:54 PM Re: King of Kings - Legendary Grand Prix [Re: Piranesi]
Geezhound

Loc: NEPA

Edited by geezhound (12/18/09 08:24 PM)

Hard Knocks
I'm member #317 and I've NEVER had a fighter ranked #1. Just sayin'

#158877 - 12/18/09 07:57 PM Re: King of Kings - Legendary Grand Prix [Re: MKick]
Heigle

Loc: PA
Originally Posted By: MKick

If we were to just do it at HW, it almost guarantees that a HW would win. It leaves no opportunity for anything below HW to be crowned the champion. While weight does mean alot in the game, this is a chance to crown a cross divisional champion under a new system, and CW is the only way to provide that.

Your concerns are valid, we're just going in a different direction with this thing than what has been done in the past.

Yes, having everyone fight at HW would be incredibly retarded, that's not what I'm saying. There should be weight classes.

This is just beyond simple in my head, I can't understand how anyone could see it any differently. If you must make one champion instead of having one for each class, do brackets for each class and then have the champs fight CW to crown one overall champ.

Edited by Heigle (12/18/09 07:57 PM)

#158880 - 12/18/09 08:05 PM Re: King of Kings - Legendary Grand Prix [Re: Heigle]
MKick

Originally Posted By: Heigle
Originally Posted By: MKick

Yes, having everyone fight at HW would be incredibly retarded, that's not what I'm saying. There should be weight classes.

This is just beyond simple in my head, I can't understand how anyone could see it any differently. If you must make one champion instead of having one for each class, do brackets for each class and then have the champs fight CW to crown one overall champ.

It's really just two different ways of doing it, neither being wrong, just different, and we're choosing to go the other way.

EDIT: During initial discussions it was considered to be done in such a format.

Edited by MKick (12/18/09 08:16 PM)

#158881 - 12/18/09 08:08 PM Re: King of Kings - Legendary Grand Prix [Re: MKick]
The Godfather

Yeah... it's way more important to split the fighters up by age than weight. What good would it be to have Legends enter if they're in a weight class w/ guys who outstat them by a block in every major category?

#158885 - 12/18/09 08:14 PM Re: King of Kings - Legendary Grand Prix [Re: The Godfather]
The Godfather

Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16 >

Who's Online
0 Registered (), 50 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod