Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#334172 - 05/09/12 03:08 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: ChiefBD]
Smacku

Loc: So. Cal.
I would like a cap of 15 active members myself but I think 20 would be a good compromise, if we are going to consider it at all.

Nobody has more then 20 right now.

#334174 - 05/09/12 03:10 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Teshore]
Malas

Originally Posted By: teshore
max members 12-15

If there were a reduction in cap to the size that you are suggesting, 12-15 members, how would we determine who is cut from an "oversized" alliance? Would there be a grandfather clause in there, would you people decide for me, or would I have to make that decision?

The cap for active members shouldn't be under twenty.

#334176 - 05/09/12 03:10 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Smacku]
Malas

Originally Posted By: Smacku
I think 20 would be a good compromise, if we are going to consider it at all.

Seems that we agree.

#334178 - 05/09/12 03:15 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Malas]
Teshore

Loc: Las Vegas
I would assume grandfather, I guess I think 15 is better then 12, I personally think 20 is to much but if that's what agreed on then that's fine.

What I think is dumb is having 20 inactive people on your roster.

Just a difference of how we view it,

And for te record, I don't want a cap because of events lol I just think a cap is good. While I want my alliance to win events I don't personally care much about them. I care more about efc titles to see who is really the dominating alliance. Having 20 active and 20 inactive is dumb to me just like a cap is dumb to you.

Edited by teshore (05/09/12 03:19 PM)

#334179 - 05/09/12 03:15 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Malas]
Trite

Max cap should not be implemented at all

#334180 - 05/09/12 03:20 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: ChiefBD]
Mr. Wunderful

Originally Posted By: ChiefBD

Anyway the cap is still just a dumb idea because its only to appease people that are afraid of losing events. That's the sole reason and there is no merit to it.

The only reason a cap has ever been discussed is to encourage more Alliances, and that's the only real reason. I don't think anybody is afraid of losing events and I don't really see how a cap would give them any advantage in winning anything.
One of the main reasons there aren't more events (speaking only for myself) is because of the small number of Alliances.

I really hope this thread doesn't turn into a arguing thread, because that's not going to get any of us anywhere. Whenever this topic comes up it seems like MoD takes it as a personal attack on them, I hope yu guys don't think that anybody wants to break up your team or try and hurt any of the Alliances. With any luck this game and forum will continue to have a little resurgence and maybe with a few guideline tweaks the Alliance situation will be better than ever.
This thread isn't only about a cap, it's about suggestions that any of us think will contribute to making it more fun for us all.

And for Malas, whenever the cap issues was brought up before, it's been said that all members of the current Alliances will be allowed to stay, it will only effect new members.

#334182 - 05/09/12 03:26 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Mr. Wunderful]
Malas

As long as we're discussing a change in the alliance guidelines,

Can someone explain to me the purpose of the one-week penalty wait when someone jumps ship to another alliance?

#334184 - 05/09/12 03:27 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Mr. Wunderful]
ChiefBD Administrator

Loc: PA
Originally Posted By: Mr. Wunderful
Originally Posted By: ChiefBD

Anyway the cap is still just a dumb idea because its only to appease people that are afraid of losing events. That's the sole reason and there is no merit to it.

The only reason a cap has ever been discussed is to encourage more Alliances, and that's the only real reason. I don't think anybody is afraid of losing events and I don't really see how a cap would give them any advantage in winning anything.
One of the main reasons there aren't more events (speaking only for myself) is because of the small number of Alliances.

I really hope this thread doesn't turn into a arguing thread, because that's not going to get any of us anywhere. Whenever this topic comes up it seems like MoD takes it as a personal attack on them, I hope yu guys don't think that anybody wants to break up your team or try and hurt any of the Alliances. With any luck this game and forum will continue to have a little resurgence and maybe with a few guideline tweaks the Alliance situation will be better than ever.
This thread isn't only about a cap, it's about suggestions that any of us think will contribute to making it more fun for us all.

And for Malas, whenever the cap issues was brought up before, it's been said that all members of the current Alliances will be allowed to stay, it will only effect new members.

You brought that up in the sb yesterday and is the only legitimate reason to capping alliances. I respect your thoughts on it for sure and i like you want to see more activity and alliances and sweet events w/ a bunch of teams or just competitive cool events in general.

We had a great set up last time we did G4G but some people got butthurt with the results and didnt follow through w/ the WAC. I can name each coach that MoD used for the last G4G that we won and it was the same number of coaches if not less then the vet alliances had that were active (THC was fairly dead if i remember right). Most of MoD is smaller tier camps lookin to get better and to have a grip of those in an alliance is a good thing. If we chop off all our rookies are they gonna go form their own alliance and be a feeding team for a future event? That would be pointless.

I mean people can come and go as they please so if thats what they wanted to do then by all means go start a new one up. I'll post a thread in our sub forum requesting anyone that wants to leave to start a new one after i'm done typing this if thats what the point of this is.

But if we are stacking a giant group of kick ass coaches who are efc gods well then i'd agree with the argument and to stop that from happening in the future...sure capping is a good idea but for activity sake and getting comfortable w/ the forums and community and learning the game well capping works against that.

#334185 - 05/09/12 03:27 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Malas]
Teshore

Loc: Las Vegas
It use to do more with events being thrown. So someone couldn't drop an alliance and join another for the benefit of an alliance event.

I think certain situations it's dumb, or maybe cut it to 2 days or something

#334186 - 05/09/12 03:29 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Teshore]
Malas

Originally Posted By: teshore
It use to do more with events being thrown. So someone couldn't drop an alliance and join another for the benefit of an alliance event.

I think certain situations it's dumb, or maybe cut it to 2 days or something

I agree with this. Either cut it down a few days, or get rid of it.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod