Page 14 of 44 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 43 44 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#510402 - 05/07/21 11:35 AM Re: Politics, Paranormal, Points of View, Ponderings. [Re: GunnerJordan]
BlimBlapZing

Yeah but by defunding they mean cutting down on the police budget and using that money for other programs, not eliminating the police completely. Would your town hurt from less speed traps? Arbitrary opinion I guess.

Gets into the broader topic of police reform. Phreak probably has strong opinions and a lot of insider knowledge about it. I don't have particularly strong opinions about it.

But I did grow up in WV with some corrupt bored small city cops, I get fear of the police as a concept. And I sure af wouldn't have wanted to grow up black there. And I don't hold a lot of judgment for people protesting the feeling that they are being racially targeted by them, feel like it's not my place.
2014 most improved

Exploding heart technique -
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=101735

The Akuma
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=78847

Running with Scissors
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=103516

Bone Machine
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=103453

#510403 - 05/07/21 11:35 AM Re: Politics, Paranormal, Points of View, Ponderings. [Re: GunnerJordan]
Matty

so the shedding thing - you guys are saying the vaccines are giving people covid? cos thats how shedding works right? its giving someone the virus and them passing it on? does that make them more likely to pass it on than any other person who has the virus?

intrigued to learn about this

#510408 - 05/07/21 12:22 PM Re: Politics, Paranormal, Points of View, Ponderings. [Re: Matty]
SbrbnHstlr

Originally Posted By: Matty
so the shedding thing - you guys are saying the vaccines are giving people covid? cos thats how shedding works right? its giving someone the virus and them passing it on? does that make them more likely to pass it on than any other person who has the virus?

intrigued to learn about this

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7461745/

Due diligence/negligence. I haven't completely read the study. It does mention shedding however.

Edit: The study refers to the WuFlu virus, not the vaccine. I have read alot of the anecdotal accounts of women who have experienced irregular menstrual cycles as of late. Even seen some of shocking imagery to back the claims. I struggle to connect the menstrual issues with the vaccines and Covid. None of the available vaccines in the western world contain the attenuated or actual virus.

Having said that a person who receives a vaccine should logically be unable to shed a virus that they do not have. The vaccine acts as more of a pop up blocker than an antivirus.

The menstrual issues COULD be caused by some unknown side effect of the vaccine recipient. This type of side effect I dont believe would have been caught in clinical trials. They would only have monitored the individual who received the vaccine and any adverse effects that said recipient encountered. I doubt there would be any data tracking that would support the idea of adverse effects happening to close individuals who may have come into contact with a test subject.

I have yet to hear of anyone who received the vaccine to be having these menstrual issues. Only those around people who have been jabbed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Menstrual cycles have also been rumoured to revolve around lunar cycles. Recent studies show that this is true for some women and not all. We did just have a supermoon.

Edited by SbrbnHstlr (05/07/21 01:37 PM)

Originally Posted By: "Chubby"

It has been confirmed to me the TNG does in fact perform seance style rituals

#510425 - 05/07/21 08:55 PM Re: Politics, Paranormal, Points of View, Ponderings. [Re: SbrbnHstlr]
DrinkDrankCrunk

yes GunnerJordan, you're wrong...

#510427 - 05/08/21 12:34 AM Re: Politics, Paranormal, Points of View, Ponderings. [Re: BlimBlapZing]
MMA Phreak

Originally Posted By: BlimBlapZing
love how noone answers my questions about why they disbelieve the vaccines or covid and just keeps trashing vaccines and the manufacturers. You know you're encouraging disinformation which will lead to deaths if people follow it, right?

Vaccines are the best hope we've got to get past epidemics with minimum deaths. Antivaxers have been a problem with every epidemic we have developed a vaccine for and this one is no exception. But when we can get enough people vaccinated we can eliminate diseases. Completely. We've done it with polio. we've done it with smallpox.

Polio didn't go off without a hitch. Shortly after the rollout there was an issue called the "Cutter incident". There was an issue with one manufacturer in 1955 which resulted in 40,000 cases of polio. This lead to more stringent vaccine manufacture standards being developed which are in place today. We take risks in developing any medications, sure, if you hit one that can mess you up. But so can diseases.

If something similar to the cutter incident happened with Covid, we would already know.

Worst case if you're wrong is hundreds of thousands of deaths with no end to the pandemic. Evidence for this is the science of epidemiology and the history of how every viral disease we know about has worked. What is the worst case if I am wrong? What is the evidence for it?

Fucking politics man, can we just talk about bigfoot or something?

full disclosure: i am fully vaccinated...

while i don't generally adhere to the "slippery slope" argument, i feel it's apropos in this case. how many things can an individual do that could be viewed as "good for humanity"? just a short list off the top of my head:

- no alcohol, tobacco, weed, excessive food (obesity), etc. these things are known to cause health issues that could potentially divert medical resources from normally healthy persons.

- no personal combustion engine use. you should live close enough to your job that you shouldn't have to rely on fossil fuels that pollute the environment to get you to work. your need to live in a big house doesn't supersede society's need for a clean environment.

as long as these things remain personal choice, people who think like me have no problem. where issues arise are when these "choices" are forced upon people. we are quickly approaching the threshold of "choice" being forced upon us. for me, yes, i chose to get vaccinated. my 17 year old son? i recommended to him that he not get the vaccine, but left the choice up to him (he has chosen not to get it). i am by no mean an "anti-vaxxer". i have gotten the flu vaccine pretty much every year for the past 4-5 years.

we all know that this virus has been HIGHLY politicized by BOTH sides. the boots on the ground (the vast majority of us) are the rats in this experiment. time will tell how it will shake out. for me, i chose to believe my government that getting the vaccine was the right choice. the day that i'm truly not sure that the government doesn't have my best health interests at heart is the day i STRONGLY consider finding another government.

i realize i'm a bit all over the place in my opinions on this matter. i guess to summarize, i'm all about personal choice. the data is far from conclusive either way. as long as nobody tell me or my family that we have to get it, i'm ok with everyone else's choice.

#510428 - 05/08/21 12:50 AM Re: Politics, Paranormal, Points of View, Ponderings. [Re: BlimBlapZing]
MMA Phreak

Yeah but by defunding they mean cutting down on the police budget and using that money for other programs, not eliminating the police completely. Would your town hurt from less speed traps? Arbitrary opinion I guess.

Gets into the broader topic of police reform. Phreak probably has strong opinions and a lot of insider knowledge about it. I don't have particularly strong opinions about it.

But I did grow up in WV with some corrupt bored small city cops, I get fear of the police as a concept. And I sure af wouldn't have wanted to grow up black there. And I don't hold a lot of judgment for people protesting the feeling that they are being racially targeted by them, feel like it's not my place.

BLM as an idea? i'm completely fine with it. BLM the organization? i have issues with it.

one of the things that makes me chuckle is the hypocrisy of "it takes more training/schooling to be a hair dresser than it does to be a cop" as a way of denigrating cops, yet the defunders fail to own up to the reality that defunding will lead to an even more under trained police force. the utopian, pie in the sky idea that social workers can replace cops in a lot of situations just isn't a reality. the few times that i've worked with our county mental health crisis unit, they won't do anything without us being there. i was completely underwhelmed with their ability to try and de-escalate the individual. it was like watching a rookie handle the call.

while still in the early stages of implementation, the results are in. those cities that have "defunded" the police have seen huge spikes in violent crime. the ironic side effect is that those people who the defunding effort is supposed to help, are the most negatively impacted by the effects. the elites who push these policies still have their police and private security protection. this is a big social experiment being played out in real time and those with the least to lose are the ones who are playing the cards.

by and large, the system works. those few bad apples are getting theirs. i'd be in favor of mandatory body cams for all police. there are still a ton of agencies that don't have them because of cost. defunding isn't helping the cause...

#510434 - 05/08/21 09:31 AM Re: Politics, Paranormal, Points of View, Ponderings. [Re: MMA Phreak]
BlimBlapZing

Originally Posted By: MMA Phreak

BLM as an idea? i'm completely fine with it. BLM the organization? i have issues with it.

one of the things that makes me chuckle is the hypocrisy of "it takes more training/schooling to be a hair dresser than it does to be a cop" as a way of denigrating cops, yet the defunders fail to own up to the reality that defunding will lead to an even more under trained police force. the utopian, pie in the sky idea that social workers can replace cops in a lot of situations just isn't a reality. the few times that i've worked with our county mental health crisis unit, they won't do anything without us being there. i was completely underwhelmed with their ability to try and de-escalate the individual. it was like watching a rookie handle the call.

while still in the early stages of implementation, the results are in. those cities that have "defunded" the police have seen huge spikes in violent crime. the ironic side effect is that those people who the defunding effort is supposed to help, are the most negatively impacted by the effects. the elites who push these policies still have their police and private security protection. this is a big social experiment being played out in real time and those with the least to lose are the ones who are playing the cards.

by and large, the system works. those few bad apples are getting theirs. i'd be in favor of mandatory body cams for all police. there are still a ton of agencies that don't have them because of cost. defunding isn't helping the cause...

Interesting stuff. You're right, the idealist in me thinks social workers could fill in but I could definitely see them acting like rookies, lacking experience in situations with real danger.

I dont have strong opinions or expertise on the whole reform thing. My arguments have been largely on the blm side so far, the topic is broad and touches on a few different things.

One thing I can say on the other side is policing seems like a very tough job that requires a lot of patience to do at all. I've worked dealing with the general public in other contexts, you run into a lot of assoles. On top of that they deal with a public either pissed they were traffic stopped or in situations where someone has already been enough of an asshole that the police were called. Not excusing bad apples, but working with the public in a job where I carry a gun at all I would last about 2 months before i couldn't take it and shot someone in the face for being a dick.
2014 most improved

Exploding heart technique -
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=101735

The Akuma
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=78847

Running with Scissors
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=103516

Bone Machine
http://www.mmarmy.com/camp_display_roster.php?id=103453

#510444 - 05/08/21 04:41 PM Re: Politics, Paranormal, Points of View, Ponderings. [Re: BlimBlapZing]
Trite

Did anybody actually see the documents that have been claimed that China was planning on weaponizing Corona in 2015 in preparation for World War Three?

#510445 - 05/08/21 04:43 PM Re: Politics, Paranormal, Points of View, Ponderings. [Re: Trite]
Trite

Y'all who got shot up, how do you feel about the news about shedding coming out and does this impact how you feel and if you received this knowledge earlier, would it have impacted you getting the shot?

#510447 - 05/09/21 12:05 AM Re: Politics, Paranormal, Points of View, Ponderings. [Re: Trite]
Matty

Trite you really need to back up your points with links so we can see what youre talking about and see where you get your info from, youve posted a lot of stuff in this thread with not one link to back it up lol, back that shit up haha

Page 14 of 44 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 43 44 >

Who's Online
4 Registered (Gyptian, Snake, Spidey, Varis), 286 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod