Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#334039 - 05/08/12 02:39 PM Alliance rules/guidelines.
Smacku

Loc: So. Cal.
I have been tasked with generating a new set of rules governing the alliances. If there is anything you'd like to have implemented please SUGGEST it here. It does not guarantee it will make the cut. KEEP IT CIVIL.

#334040 - 05/08/12 02:41 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Smacku]
Pain

Loc: the 901
Originally Posted By: Smacku
KEEP IT CIVIL.

We can not stress this enough.

**MMArmy Football Fever I Champion**
THC: Truly MMArmy's #1 Alliance

#334043 - 05/08/12 02:42 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Smacku]
Teshore

Loc: Las Vegas
inactive time frame for an alliance. (dba,ttt) before being disbanded
max members 12-15
min still 6 to start new one.
max amount of inactive member list per alliance. 3
meaning 12 active 3 inactive or 13/2, 14/1, 15/0

Edited by teshore (05/08/12 02:43 PM)

#334046 - 05/08/12 02:46 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Pain]
Spidey

Loc: Ohio
Should be a min. number of coaches to keep an alliance alive.6 is needed to start so 6 should be the min.

Edited by $pidey (05/08/12 02:46 PM)

#334048 - 05/08/12 02:49 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Spidey]
Smacku

I would be up for having the min to start and sustain an alliance at 5 since it basically takes 5 to join in with alliance competitions.

#334069 - 05/08/12 04:30 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Smacku]
GoodkidCC

Hypothetically if all this is agreed upon by the majority of alliance leaders, when and how would it be forced into effect?

I am on board with these suggestions too.

Gaylords is my camp
Policeman of the shoutbox
TLCS

#334137 - 05/09/12 09:40 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: GoodkidCC]
Mr. Judo

I am highly against limiting alliance numbers. If all the vets teamed up and formed a super Alliance then yes limit but as of now alliances like wdoa and mod are great for the game. If there was a limit very little rookies would be invited to the forum and the game would die. Alliances like us bring in prospects teach them the ropes and naturally we lose members to others along the way. If u look at the new forum members is say atleast 80% are mod and wdoa members IMO this is perfect proof that we're good for the game and not bad for it

#334139 - 05/09/12 09:44 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Mr. Judo]
Mr. Judo

Also if a concerns that our size will cause us to dominate tournies this is false. Mod and wdoa have both struggled in recent battles

#334164 - 05/09/12 02:43 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Mr. Judo]
Teshore

you shouldnt take it so personal, i think one of the main reasons most new people on the forums go to mod is because you have someone online all the time. nothing wrong with that, but seems before anyone ever knows theres someone new you have already added them.

and if you really wanted to better the game, you would invite people to the forums even if you were at the capped amount.

#334169 - 05/09/12 03:03 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Teshore]
ChiefBD Administrator

Loc: PA
lol. Why would that be better?

So because judo recruits guys that don't even know the forum exists he should dish them up for grabs cuz others are too lazy?

There is someone from every alliance online ALL the time everyday as well. I can run off who is always online cuz i'm one of them.

Anyway the cap is still just a dumb idea because its only to appease people that are afraid of losing events. That's the sole reason and there is no merit to it.

Here is the current activity in numbers..

THC = 25 (19 Active - 6 Inactive)

TLCS = 23 (11 Active - 12 Inactive)

TC = 16 (11 Active - 5 Inactive)

MoD = 33 (16 Active - 17 Inactive)

WDOA = 21 (17 Active - 4 Inactive)

DBA = 17 (7 Active - 10 Inactive)

TTT = 23 (2 Active - 21 Inactive)

So there is no advantage in fact MoD is at a disadvantage right now because of the roster being solely rookies w/ a few vets and will only be crippled further w/ a cap. Eliminating a dead inactive alliance i agree with though. If people cared about their sub forums then they'd be around to show it.

#334172 - 05/09/12 03:08 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: ChiefBD]
Smacku

I would like a cap of 15 active members myself but I think 20 would be a good compromise, if we are going to consider it at all.

Nobody has more then 20 right now.

#334174 - 05/09/12 03:10 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Teshore]
Malas

Originally Posted By: teshore
max members 12-15

If there were a reduction in cap to the size that you are suggesting, 12-15 members, how would we determine who is cut from an "oversized" alliance? Would there be a grandfather clause in there, would you people decide for me, or would I have to make that decision?

The cap for active members shouldn't be under twenty.

#334176 - 05/09/12 03:10 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Smacku]
Malas

I think 20 would be a good compromise, if we are going to consider it at all.

Seems that we agree.

#334178 - 05/09/12 03:15 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Malas]
Teshore

I would assume grandfather, I guess I think 15 is better then 12, I personally think 20 is to much but if that's what agreed on then that's fine.

What I think is dumb is having 20 inactive people on your roster.

Just a difference of how we view it,

And for te record, I don't want a cap because of events lol I just think a cap is good. While I want my alliance to win events I don't personally care much about them. I care more about efc titles to see who is really the dominating alliance. Having 20 active and 20 inactive is dumb to me just like a cap is dumb to you.

Edited by teshore (05/09/12 03:19 PM)

#334179 - 05/09/12 03:15 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Malas]
Trite

Max cap should not be implemented at all

#334180 - 05/09/12 03:20 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: ChiefBD]
Mr. Wunderful

Originally Posted By: ChiefBD

Anyway the cap is still just a dumb idea because its only to appease people that are afraid of losing events. That's the sole reason and there is no merit to it.

The only reason a cap has ever been discussed is to encourage more Alliances, and that's the only real reason. I don't think anybody is afraid of losing events and I don't really see how a cap would give them any advantage in winning anything.
One of the main reasons there aren't more events (speaking only for myself) is because of the small number of Alliances.

I really hope this thread doesn't turn into a arguing thread, because that's not going to get any of us anywhere. Whenever this topic comes up it seems like MoD takes it as a personal attack on them, I hope yu guys don't think that anybody wants to break up your team or try and hurt any of the Alliances. With any luck this game and forum will continue to have a little resurgence and maybe with a few guideline tweaks the Alliance situation will be better than ever.
This thread isn't only about a cap, it's about suggestions that any of us think will contribute to making it more fun for us all.

And for Malas, whenever the cap issues was brought up before, it's been said that all members of the current Alliances will be allowed to stay, it will only effect new members.

#334182 - 05/09/12 03:26 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Mr. Wunderful]
Malas

As long as we're discussing a change in the alliance guidelines,

Can someone explain to me the purpose of the one-week penalty wait when someone jumps ship to another alliance?

#334184 - 05/09/12 03:27 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Mr. Wunderful]
ChiefBD Administrator

Originally Posted By: Mr. Wunderful

The only reason a cap has ever been discussed is to encourage more Alliances, and that's the only real reason. I don't think anybody is afraid of losing events and I don't really see how a cap would give them any advantage in winning anything.
One of the main reasons there aren't more events (speaking only for myself) is because of the small number of Alliances.

I really hope this thread doesn't turn into a arguing thread, because that's not going to get any of us anywhere. Whenever this topic comes up it seems like MoD takes it as a personal attack on them, I hope yu guys don't think that anybody wants to break up your team or try and hurt any of the Alliances. With any luck this game and forum will continue to have a little resurgence and maybe with a few guideline tweaks the Alliance situation will be better than ever.
This thread isn't only about a cap, it's about suggestions that any of us think will contribute to making it more fun for us all.

And for Malas, whenever the cap issues was brought up before, it's been said that all members of the current Alliances will be allowed to stay, it will only effect new members.

You brought that up in the sb yesterday and is the only legitimate reason to capping alliances. I respect your thoughts on it for sure and i like you want to see more activity and alliances and sweet events w/ a bunch of teams or just competitive cool events in general.

We had a great set up last time we did G4G but some people got butthurt with the results and didnt follow through w/ the WAC. I can name each coach that MoD used for the last G4G that we won and it was the same number of coaches if not less then the vet alliances had that were active (THC was fairly dead if i remember right). Most of MoD is smaller tier camps lookin to get better and to have a grip of those in an alliance is a good thing. If we chop off all our rookies are they gonna go form their own alliance and be a feeding team for a future event? That would be pointless.

I mean people can come and go as they please so if thats what they wanted to do then by all means go start a new one up. I'll post a thread in our sub forum requesting anyone that wants to leave to start a new one after i'm done typing this if thats what the point of this is.

But if we are stacking a giant group of kick ass coaches who are efc gods well then i'd agree with the argument and to stop that from happening in the future...sure capping is a good idea but for activity sake and getting comfortable w/ the forums and community and learning the game well capping works against that.

#334185 - 05/09/12 03:27 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Malas]
Teshore

It use to do more with events being thrown. So someone couldn't drop an alliance and join another for the benefit of an alliance event.

I think certain situations it's dumb, or maybe cut it to 2 days or something

#334186 - 05/09/12 03:29 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Teshore]
Malas

It use to do more with events being thrown. So someone couldn't drop an alliance and join another for the benefit of an alliance event.

I think certain situations it's dumb, or maybe cut it to 2 days or something

I agree with this. Either cut it down a few days, or get rid of it.

#334188 - 05/09/12 03:32 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Malas]
Teshore

Only thing I think is, say for this event coming up, it starts like may 24th, well if say chief left mod on the 23rd and joined tlcs then he shouldn't be allowed to participate. Other then a scenario like that I think it's dumb

#334189 - 05/09/12 03:34 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Teshore]
Malas

Maybe we should do it that way. If you leave an alliance during a major inter-alliance event, you shouldn't be able to participate.

Also, I don't know if this can be done, but I'd like to see subforum mods be able to change peoples' name colors per request (without getting punished for it).

#334191 - 05/09/12 03:38 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Teshore]
Mr. Judo

you shouldnt take it so personal, i think one of the main reasons most new people on the forums go to mod is because you have someone online all the time. nothing wrong with that, but seems before anyone ever knows theres someone new you have already added them.

and if you really wanted to better the game, you would invite people to the forums even if you were at the capped amount.

I have. There's a limit I do not pass and if I see camps who have potential I send then elsewhere . Problem is there is no elsewhere. Systems like the company in my opinion are terrible for the game (the old system a max of 8) If there were a cap like u suggest no one would be open to new recruits they'd only want the best. Eventually coaches would retire faster then new breed came on the forums killing the game. It was almost dead not to long ago because wdoa and mod Ddnt exist. It was just other alliances that weren't recruiting. There's plenty of fish in the sea. MSG 10 coaches 5 will reply 3 will end up on ur team. Recruiting is very easy so putting a cap won't help anything but it will hurt the rookies badly and the future of this game

#334201 - 05/09/12 03:52 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Mr. Judo]
Teshore

some of what you say is true, a lot of it is false.

doesnt matter, i gave my opinion. that is all.

#334202 - 05/09/12 03:54 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Mr. Judo]
Mr. Judo

I think another factor ppl over look is mod takes rookies and turns them into coaches other alliances will actually take. It seems like other alliance don't invite ppl to the forums they just hope a current 1 disbands lol. It's not like the recruits join the forums themselves and I snag them 90% of mods recruits we bring to the forums. Only other ppl I see recruiting on camps is b33r and jey jey b4 he quit dba. My argument is we only take what u don't want anyway and we turn th into coaches u do want. Only ppl hurt is us when we lose team mates like krich, grapple etc. and there's nvr hard feelings when we do lose members.

#334205 - 05/09/12 03:59 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Teshore]
ChiefBD Administrator

You are the one calling for a small alliance so what exactly is false? I seriously want to know cuz if i hear a good reason i will jump to the other side on this and be all for it.

Wun's reasoning is good but its not enough when there are more positive factors in what we have going on w/ a big number.

If you look at the rosters TC has the strongest alliance P4P.

THC has the biggest number of really good coaches.

TLCS is right behind them.

DBA is a desolate desert w/ some active no namers.

TTT is fucking dead w/ 1 amazing active coach.

MoD has like 4-5 vets w/ a grip of semi active rookies.

Wdoa has a large number of active guys who are somewhere in between rookies and vets.

By this current status i would think that THC has the advantage when it comes to having the most to choose from for an event. So maybe this is directed at them?

#334206 - 05/09/12 04:06 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: ChiefBD]
Teshore

You are the one calling for a small alliance so what exactly is false? I seriously want to know cuz if i hear a good reason i will jump to the other side on this and be all for it.

Wun's reasoning is good but its not enough when there are more positive factors in what we have going on w/ a big number.

i was speaking to judo about what he was saying. in his previous post.

i posted my suggestions in my first post, other then that, i have no other suggestions and wont do anymore back an forth. smack wanted suggestions not the back and forth which i have been doing.

#334207 - 05/09/12 04:08 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: ChiefBD]
Mr. Judo

For the record I'm not taking any of this as a jab at us nor I'm I trying to be hostile. Im just giving me pov and opinion which is the purpose of this thread. If more ppl seen it in my eyes I don't think this would be an issue

#334208 - 05/09/12 04:10 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Teshore]
ChiefBD Administrator

i was speaking to judo about what he was saying. in his previous post.

i posted my suggestions in my first post, other then that, i have no other suggestions and wont do anymore back an forth. smack wanted suggestions not the back and forth which i have been doing.

It's a discussion. It's how you resolve things when there are 2 opposing sides. I'm not hostile about this at all either. I respect your opinion. I was referring to what you were saying false about judo's statement.

#334217 - 05/09/12 04:26 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: ChiefBD]
Spidey

Loc: Ohio
TC has a small number of coaches.This is our choice to keep it that way.If we wanted to.. we could get alot of new recruits and old vets to come here,but we choose to send them elsewhere.Its better for the game and the community IMO.Noboby had suggested to cut down exsisting rosters.This thread wasused to get suggestions.Setting a cap is good as far as I'm concerned.There has also been talked about having a certain # of active coaches to keep a alliance alive.All ive seen is everyone talking about this damn cap.Im not seeing alot of post about giving suggestions.If it wasnt for an alliance,I wouldnt be here right now.Im not the first and not the only person to feel this way.

#334224 - 05/09/12 05:08 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Spidey]
Smacku

Then what about minimums? It can be the same thing for TTT and DBA. Maybe they only want 3 members? Is it fair to say "no cap", but at the same time say "there should be a minimum"? I don't think we should have one w/o the other. 20 members is a lot. Is that not a good compromise?

#334225 - 05/09/12 05:11 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Smacku]
ChiefBD Administrator

Well a minimum makes sense. We want activity around here.

#334226 - 05/09/12 05:17 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: ChiefBD]
Tone

Alliance should be able to have as many or as little coaches they want. To start a new one should be atleast 5 still. Some Alliances recruit rookies with 1,000 or less fights and helps them get to the next level and beyond.

#334227 - 05/09/12 05:19 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: ChiefBD]
Smacku

OK, so if they don't meet a minimum they are disbanded. How is that any different then them just sitting there empty with no activity? Because their name has been removed from the sub forum? If you think it will force them to join another alliance I disagree. If they gave a shit about being in an active alliance to compete in events they'd be in one (active alliance).

#334228 - 05/09/12 05:19 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Smacku]
Trite

Then what about minimums? It can be the same thing for TTT and DBA. Maybe they only want 3 members? Is it fair to say "no cap", but at the same time say "there should be a minimum"? I don't think we should have one w/o the other. 20 members is a lot. Is that not a good compromise?

Now, minimums demand activity. No activity no point in having an alliance. if they want that then do not say no medals for them not fielding teams in an event, that is corny.

#334253 - 05/10/12 01:22 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Trite]
Warren

Loc: South Carolina
Don't count DBA out of the picture. Most of the guys are off in the corner drunk and passed out because there is seldom any alliance events or they are put together so rapidly without a calendar of events that most say, "awe whattohell."

I happen to think the following, although who really gives a shit?

1. Minimum of 5 member to form an alliance.
2. Maximum of 12 players. Could go along with 15. Twenty is foolish.
3. Calendar of alliance events.
4. Minimum of 30 day notice before an alliance event occurs.
5. Common agreed upon standard set of event rules. No changes to be made during an event.
6. An event committee to run the tourneys.
7. Two posted/authorized alliance leaders.
8. All alliance events include medals, 1st., 2nd., 3rd. place wins.
9. Minimum number of alliance participations to allow an event to take place. Doesn't need to be all of the alliances.

Just my opinion, not that anything will ever come of it...or ever has. As I said, JMO...although who really gives a shit?!

Edited by Warren (05/10/12 01:26 AM)

#334260 - 05/10/12 03:50 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Warren]
Mr. Wunderful

#'s 3, 4, 5, 6,7,8,9 are just dumb and make no sense at all. You shoulda just stoped typing after 1 & 2.

Oh and BTW, DBA is dead and out of the picture, it has been for a long time.

#334271 - 05/10/12 05:17 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Mr. Wunderful]
Mr. Judo

killing the inactive alliance wont do any good. its not like theres active players that would go elsewhere if it died. if u disband ttt its just erases them from the game completely. id rather have it around for memory and history sake

#334273 - 05/10/12 05:22 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Mr. Judo]
Smacku

So, what you're saying is you like the rules the way they are.

#334280 - 05/10/12 05:46 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Smacku]
Bonedaddy

> Registered: 12/18/08

The Simyard Fight Team, you can ban us, but you can't beat us

#334281 - 05/10/12 05:52 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Smacku]
Mr. Judo

correct.

i do like warrens thoughts on a council though. perhaps a member or 2 from each alliance gets together with the others and plots out a calender. this would be awesome if we all could manage to be so organized. if a person wanted to run a battle they run it by council (a group of respected vets) to see if its functional. this way players dont put there heart into an event that only ends up being a no show

#334282 - 05/10/12 05:56 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Mr. Judo]
ChiefBD Administrator

Originally Posted By: Mr. Judo

correct.

i do like warrens thoughts on a council though. perhaps a member or 2 from each alliance gets together with the others and plots out a calender. this would be awesome if we all could manage to be so organized. if a person wanted to run a battle they run it by council (a group of respected vets) to see if its functional. this way players dont put there heart into an event that only ends up being a no show

Yea but what about guys like zoso who come on every full moon and do a fun event? You don't need a council for that.

If a "season" or "schedule" were seriously considered and implemented then events on that schedule i can understand but if you mean ALL potential medal events be voted on and approved by the same people well that is KAKA.

#334285 - 05/10/12 06:27 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Smacku]
Smacku

After really thinking about it, I have determined an attempt at changing the rules is pointless.

There should have been a min/max cap from the beginning.

Q: Why minimum cap?

A: 6 is the number required to start an alliance. Why 6? Because it was considered the lowest number of coaches required to enter competitions, and 'cause 3 people ain't much of an alliance. The rule should have read "an alliance must maintain a minimum of 6 active coaches to remain open. Less then 6 will be disbanded.". The alliances were never supposed to be MMArmy Facebook. If the alliance is only together so the retired members can socialize it should be disbanded. If you want to socialize send PMs.

According to the rules:

"10) Really, what’s the point of this?

Alliances are an easy way to bring players from the early stage of just starting the game to coming to the forums and learning more about how to play the game to becoming active and serious members, as well as making it far simpler for an existing camp to mentor a newer one… and give some incentive for doing so.. Alliances would make the organisation of some of the existing tournaments and the like far easier."

If you're not doing this, or internal alliance stuff, or inter-alliance stuff, or even playing for that matter, why do you need to have an alliance? They should voluntarily disband IMO, however, Chachi will never agree to a new rule disbanding TTT or DBA by force, just like MoD will not agree to any rule that puts on a max cap.

Q: Why a max cap?

A: A max cap would have made it necessary to create more alliances for everyone who wanted to be in one.

This is the realization I had last night:

Implementing a max cap would create more alliances but it would have to be drastic. I'm thinking a cap of 8-10. Not only that, but we would have to refrain from "grandfathering". We would have to force ALL of the alliances to shed players. That means EVERY alliance would lose not only newbs but established vets as well. I can guarantee 100% that the members that were shed would form their own alliance(s) out of necessity. A cap of 20 is like no cap at all. It would have to be low. We already know how MoD would feel about this, and I suspect some of the other alliances would feel the same. Again, this should have been there in the beginning.

We will never agree on these types of changes.

#334286 - 05/10/12 06:27 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: ChiefBD]
Mr. Judo

Originally Posted By: Mr. Judo

correct.

Yea but what about guys like zoso who come on every full moon and do a fun event? You don't need a council for that.

If a "season" or "schedule" were seriously considered and implemented then events on that schedule i can understand but if you mean ALL potential medal events be voted on and approved by the same people well that is KAKA.

guys like zoso have proven themselves as good tourny runners in the past so wouldnt need councils checking

#334287 - 05/10/12 06:38 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Smacku]
ChiefBD Administrator

After really thinking about it, I have determined an attempt at changing the rules is pointless.

There should have been a min/max cap from the beginning.

Q: Why minimum cap?

A: 6 is the number required to start an alliance. Why 6? Because it was considered the lowest number of coaches required to enter competitions, and 'cause 3 people ain't much of an alliance. The rule should have read "an alliance must maintain a minimum of 6 active coaches to remain open. Less then 6 will be disbanded.". The alliances were never supposed to be MMArmy Facebook. If the alliance is only together so the retired members can socialize it should be disbanded. If you want to socialize send PMs.

According to the rules:

"10) Really, what’s the point of this?

Alliances are an easy way to bring players from the early stage of just starting the game to coming to the forums and learning more about how to play the game to becoming active and serious members, as well as making it far simpler for an existing camp to mentor a newer one… and give some incentive for doing so.. Alliances would make the organisation of some of the existing tournaments and the like far easier."

If you're not doing this, or internal alliance stuff, or inter-alliance stuff, or even playing for that matter, why do you need to have an alliance? They should voluntarily disband IMO, however, Chachi will never agree to a new rule disbanding TTT or DBA by force, just like MoD will not agree to any rule that puts on a max cap.

Q: Why a max cap?

A: A max cap would have made it necessary to create more alliances for everyone who wanted to be in one.

This is the realization I had last night:

Implementing a max cap would create more alliances but it would have to be drastic. I'm thinking a cap of 8-10. Not only that, but we would have to refrain from "grandfathering". We would have to force ALL of the alliances to shed players. That means EVERY alliance would lose not only newbs but established vets as well. I can guarantee 100% that the members that were shed would form their own alliance(s) out of necessity. A cap of 20 is like no cap at all. It would have to be low. We already know how MoD would feel about this, and I suspect some of the other alliances would feel the same. Again, this should have been there in the beginning.

We will never agree on these types of changes.

Well said. Funny enough i think 10 is better than 20. The whole point on limiting an alliance is to spread the wealth of not the rookies but the established coaches so forcing alliances to drop top guys would be good for building new alliances. But the way its set up now its just friends or helping new guys or trying to put the most dominant coaches together.

I see where this is heading. lol

#334288 - 05/10/12 06:39 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Smacku]
The Hatchet

Sorry to be tardy to the party.

10 cap is the best idea I've heard so far. Real sports have roster limitations for a litany of reasons, most of which can be carried over to this situation.

Warren's idea of an event calander is good if it's done right. Something WWE style instead of exact dates. Ex. Apr-thunderstruck May-g4g June-WAC ect.

Instead of making a roster min why can't we do an activity min? If an alliance misses 3 consecutive events it will be considered inactive and be disbanded.

Just my thoughts.

#334297 - 05/10/12 07:14 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: The Hatchet]
Mr. Wunderful

Any type of event schedule or committe isn't gonna work, at least me and/or my events won't be involved. You guys are of course welcome to start and run any new events you want, but I'm not going to be told when I have to run any event. I do mine for everybodies fun, when it's convienient to me, when it fits into my life's schedule, when I think all the alliances are strong enough to field teams, etc.
Like I said you guys can decide to do whatever you want, but I won't be involved. Besides that, I think it's a dumb idea in its entirety. The lack of events isn't because of a lack of schedule, and a schedule isn't going to create alliance activity. And people are going to put on events whenever they feel like it, whenever they feel creative or inspired.
You can't be trying to force people to volunteer their free time

#334300 - 05/10/12 07:21 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Mr. Wunderful]
Grapple420

LOL

#334302 - 05/10/12 07:26 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Mr. Wunderful]
The Hatchet

Any type of event schedule or committe isn't gonna work, at least me and/or my events won't be involved. You guys are of course welcome to start and run any new events you want, but I'm not going to be told when I have to run any event. I do mine for everybodies fun, when it's convienient to me, when it fits into my life's schedule, when I think all the alliances are strong enough to field teams, etc.
Like I said you guys can decide to do whatever you want, but I won't be involved. Besides that, I think it's a dumb idea in its entirety. The lack of events isn't because of a lack of schedule, and a schedule isn't going to create alliance activity. And people are going to put on events whenever they feel like it, whenever they feel creative or inspired.
You can't be trying to force people to volunteer their free time

Events on the alliance calander would be run by whoever has the time to do it. The rules of the events are set up already so its just a matter of keeping track. If someone does not want their tournament involved it would be taken out of the rotation and replaced with an event of similar rules. The tournament could then be run at it's creator's will and whoever would like to compete can.

#334304 - 05/10/12 08:01 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Grapple420]
Mr. Wunderful

Originally Posted By: grapple420
LOL

At least I contibute to the community, which is more than you've ever done.

#334305 - 05/10/12 08:05 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Mr. Wunderful]
Grapple420

You want a cookie? Maybe a hankie?

Dont be silly and think your event(s) cant be replaced. Now take your ball and run home kiddo.

#334306 - 05/10/12 08:07 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Grapple420]
ChiefBD Administrator

Don't start a fight yet. Let some clarification come from this thread before it gets closed.

#334307 - 05/10/12 08:16 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: ChiefBD]
Mr. Wunderful

Let's see you do something then you fat fuck

#334308 - 05/10/12 08:17 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: ChiefBD]
Mr. Judo

Smacku said the rules wouldn't be changed . The committee wouldn't force anything just organize it

#334309 - 05/10/12 08:21 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Mr. Wunderful]
Grapple420

Let's see you do something then you fat fuck

Hahahaha! God I love you sensitive ninnies.

#334310 - 05/10/12 08:35 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Grapple420]
Smacku

Dont be silly and think your event(s) cant be replaced. Now take your ball and run home kiddo.

If you're not going to add to this constructively, stay outta my thread.

#334311 - 05/10/12 08:37 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Grapple420]
Big Ace

Loc: Canada
scanned with a little interest.

1) Instead of the 6 day rule - give immediate forum priveledges and make them sit out the first alliance event - whenever that is. That should satisfy the intent of the waiting period while eliminating the pointlessness of what we were talking about.

2) Cap - Sure - I agree with it. Grandfather the current alliance members. I don't expect WDOA or MOD to cut people - but caps are good - but lower the minimum amount to not kill off alliances. 5 minimum - and 15 maximum for active. Then - lower the amount of inactives you are allowed to have to 3. Anymore than 3 and someone has to go. It stimulates alliance movement and in the end I think it makes the forums healthier as we would all get to know each other a little better. It also gets vets returning into different alliances. It would kill DBA and ttt in the current - but there's nothing stopping those coaches from returning to activity and reviving them - while in the meantime forcing them to another alliance where perhaps some more connections are made for future alliances.

In all - I think movement is healthy and stimulates parity.

Anyway - I'm probably a little off - but I like to offer different perspectives. Just my $0.02.

Groundhogs
MAXX

#334312 - 05/10/12 08:44 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Big Ace]
ChiefBD Administrator

Good stuff Ace. That's actually a point that i'm sure everyone has considered but came to my mind immediately too was if you close alliances then that would force guys like Hector or Crippler (Not saying they would) or whoever to go to a new alliance and would be a pretty cool addition to whoever. Not saying either of those guys would go to my alliance but just the idea in general of eliminating a dead alliance making a returning member either gather the old alliance to restart previous alliance or to move on to a different one. Or even start a new one which would be cool.

TTT and DBA haven't been apart of the community or events for awhile. Chachi did a good job of making one real quick not too long ago which was great but it was obvious a 1 off to appease people and DBA i'd say only VR has shown an effort to grow and put in a killer performance in Lord stanley but thats not a team event so w/e.

#334313 - 05/10/12 08:54 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Smacku]
Grapple420

Oh my bad. Lets see here, caps are dumb, minimums are dumb, having a council to create and negotiate all the rules of alliance comps before they start is a great idea. Coming up with events ran by that council instead of waiting for someone to start an event is brilliant actually. That way we dont have to worry about the 'im taking my ball and going home' scenario.

Also, Im fat, and I do want a cookie.

#334314 - 05/10/12 08:57 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Grapple420]
Big Ace

Loc: Canada

Oh my bad. Lets see here, caps are dumb, minimums are dumb, having a council to create and negotiate all the rules of alliance comps before they start is a great idea. Coming up with events ran by that council instead of waiting for someone to start an event is brilliant actually. That way we dont have to worry about the 'im taking my ball and going home' scenario.

Also, Im fat, and I do want a cookie.

Here's a cookie. Anyone who wants a cookie can have one if it appeases them. Let's just work on not getting this thread locked. It's actually interesting. I think that takes bend from us and the mods.

That is all.

Groundhogs
MAXX

#334332 - 05/10/12 01:12 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Mr. Wunderful]
Warren

Loc: South Carolina
Oh, did I forget to say...Fuck you Mr. Asshole! Mr. Asshole being ...you guessed it...Mr Wunderful! Talk about an oxymorron! LoL!

W.

Edited by Warren (05/10/12 01:20 PM)

#334367 - 05/11/12 04:36 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Warren]
Bonedaddy

I think the problem with an event calendar, is that it could be counter productive to actually creating events. Must events are created for 2 reasons, being:

1.) i'm bored as fuck at work, i will blow off half my day creating this event, or
2.) Hype forum has nothing new for days, i'll recreate an event someone ran years ago and call it new and improved

#334372 - 05/11/12 06:14 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Bonedaddy]
OhioStateBuckeye

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Can't we all just get along? lol on a serious note i have seen alot of good ideas in here and while the back and forth in here may get heated at times I take that as a good sign that atleast there are still enough people here that care about the game and are thinking of ways to improve it. I have alot going on right now but hopefully after July I will be able to dedicate more time to the game and contribute more

#334376 - 05/11/12 07:45 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: OhioStateBuckeye]
Bonedaddy

Originally Posted By: OhioStateBuckeye
I have alot going on right now

ha, training to not get punched in the face is an understatment when it comes to "alot going on".

when is the fight, soon correct?

Edited by Bonedaddy (05/11/12 07:46 AM)

#334382 - 05/11/12 09:01 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Bonedaddy]
OhioStateBuckeye

Loc: North Carolina, USA
It was moved to July 14th in Wilmington NC, our team has 4 guys on the card right now...may have a 5th soon

#363581 - 03/05/14 06:22 AM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: ChiefBD]
Mr. Judo

bump

#446671 - 06/24/16 03:06 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Malas]
Grapple420

bump for hector and mif b/c they are convinced that there have always been alliance roster limits.

#446673 - 06/24/16 03:11 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Teshore]
Migrantworkers

Loc: DBA compound
Originally Posted By: Teshore
inactive time frame for an alliance. (dba,ttt) before being disbanded
max members 12-15
min still 6 to start new one.
max amount of inactive member list per alliance. 3
meaning 12 active 3 inactive or 13/2, 14/1, 15/0

This was after I left the game...we were far from inactive and there was a limit

Perhaps it was lifted at some point but I was not aware of it...when I returned it was in place

Migrantworkers

#516658 - 05/25/24 08:19 PM Re: Alliance rules/guidelines. [Re: Migrantworkers]
ThePandaMan

Loc: U.S.A
Bump

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod